Online Bioinformatics Services
- Initial compulsory meeting 19. October 2016, 16:00 c.t., room 02 006, building 106
- Block seminar: Tuesday 31.01.2017, 10:00 c.t., room 02 006, building 106
- Hand in presentation (slides and summary) by: 23.01.2017
- Please let us know if you decide not to do the seminar as EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
- The MEME Suite
Given to: Aloysius Alfa Purnomo
- INFO-RNA-a fast approach to inverse RNA folding
Given to: Rick Gelhausen
- CRISPRmap: an automated classification of repeat conservation in prokaryotic adaptive immune systems
Given to: Fayyaz Hussain
- BlockClust: efficient clustering and classification of non-coding RNAs from short read RNA-seq profiles
Given to: Philipp Bausch
- antaRNA: ant colony-based RNA sequence design
Given to: Akshata Bhat
- Comparative genomics boosts target prediction for bacterial small RNAs
Given to: Ngoc Hanh Phan
- Computational Biomarker Discovery
Given to: Eva Brombacher
- The seminar will be held in English.
- Hand in presentation a week before seminar begins.
- Active participation for all talks.
- Give 25 min presentation. (+ ~5-10 min discussion after)
- One page summary (no copy paste).
- Order of talks is based on order of submission.
- Previous participation in at least one bioinformatics lecture
- Basic knowledge of algorithms, molecular biology and interest in
biologically relevant problems